Pain Relief at Home
Here are some tips I've learned from other EDS Zebras
DIY Corn Syrup Ice Pack
Add Corn Syrup to a Ziploc Freezer Bag and throw in the freezer for a reusable flexible ice pack. *Dish soap works too!*
DIY Rice Heating Pad
My sister in law made me one for Christmas, the heat and weight of the bag work wonders on my aches and pains.
The heat and epsom salt help reduce inflammation.
Directions from LifeHack.com
- Children under 60 lbs: Add 1/2 cup of salts to a standard size bath
- Individuals between 60-100 lbs: Add 1 cup of salts to a standard size bath
- Individuals between 100-150 lbs: Add 1 1/2 cup of salts to a standard size bath
- Individuals between 150-200 lbs: Add 2 cups of salts to a standard size bath
- For every 50lbs larger – add in an additional 1/2 cup of salts.
Frozen Water Bottle
Great for foot pain! Fill plastic water bottle up 3/4 of the way and put it in the freezer. If the frozen water bottle is too cold to put directly on your foot, leave your socks on. The ice will help reduce inflammation and the sturdiness of the icy water bottle, as you roll it back and forth, provides a nice foot massage.