Meds & Moving to California
**Written mid October 2017**
Until November 1st, I'm covered by my Wisconsin health insurance & prescription coverage. I already applied for my California insurance and it begins November 1st. I cannot see a doctor until then.
I have located a specialist I would like to see by using the www.dysautonomiasupport.org website for their Provider Directory. As for finding a regular doctor in my area, I’m shooting in the dark here. Going to try one out that I found close to home and we’ll see how that goes.
Before I left on my road trip, my specialist gave me a paper script because I wasn’t going to be in the state when I needed a refill.
Attempt 1: A nearby hospital with the script in hand. Turned out it’s a private hospital and their pharmacy doesn’t fill prescriptions outside of the hospital. In Wisconsin, only hospitals carried that low of a dose in Adderall. Most retail pharmacies (Walgreens, CVS, Walmart, Target, etc.) only carry it in 10mg and up. So in my head, I was going “oh no. I’m screwed” ... so I called the local Walgreens to see if they carried that low of a dose and YAY they do!!
Attempt 2: Drove over to Walgreens, handed them the script at the drive through window... and they say “We can’t fill this here. It needs to be from a California prescription pad. You’ll have to go see a California doctor and come back.” I drove away nearly in tears. I can’t afford to see a regular doctor right now without an emergency (that’s the only way my Wisconsin health insurance would cover a visit with a doctor out here). So I’ve been rationing my previous prescription and only taking it on days when I know I have to. Not fun. But I’m dealing with it.
In the meantime:
I made a new friend here that’s well-versed in natural alternatives. So I decided to order some to help with my extra symptoms now that I’m not able to take my medication on it’s regular schedule. Here’s the list :)
- J. Crow's Lugol's Iodine Solution 2%
- Iodine deficiency - requires doctor to diagnose...with the history of thyroid issues in my family and that my doctor has tested me for thyroid issues and I come up borderline every time
- Symptoms - enlarged thyroid, constipation, difficulty thinking and understanding, fatigue, sensitivity to cold, or slow growth
- **I was not a fan of this, and discontinued taking it. It was turning the mouth piece on my water bottles colors**
- Trace Minerals Research - ConcenTrace Trace Minerals Drops
- Make my water taste great! And I find myself needing less Gatorade powder :)
- **I still use this, between 3-5 drops per 1 liter water bottle**
What home remedies work for you? Leave a comment below or connect with me via social media
Help me keep this blog AD FREE! If every member donated 50 cents, it would cover the website hosting fees for an ENTIRE YEAR!!
So far, I've paid over $300 to keep this blog from being bombarded with ads
paypal.me/zebrawarrior Or www.venmo.com/ZebraWarrior